Sample message to Greenpeace.org
To whom it may concern,
I expect that Greenpeace, as a high-profile activist organization often campaigning against corporate misbehavior, has a strong interest in maintaining freedom and autonomy from corporations both for itself and for its supporters.
Wishing you continued success in your work,
List of ideas for target websites
When adding sites to the list below, if you know how best we can reach the site's decision maker(s), please mention that also.
- Twitter (no public email ID, but can be contacted via https://support.twitter.com/forms/feedback, will be easy to put public pressure by the use of hashtag and tagging @twitter in tweets)
- Gandi (Gandi.net provides Domain names and Servers to freedom-promoting projects but uses some non-free JS on their website)
- Fronter (Pearson LMS)
- Google Maps
- Google Docs
Other things you can do
Here is a basic outline for things that need to be done. Please edit and add your suggestions, and discuss ideas on the Talk page.
- Raise awareness of this issue by publicizing Stallman's article, writing about the problem yourself, and talking to friends and colleagues about it. Watch this wiki page and help organize the effort.
- If you see mention of JS freedom, add a link to the Promotion section of this page.
- Script surrogates are designed to replace undesirable scripts with user-specified alternatives.
- Greasefire - Firefox-compatible addon to search userscripts.org and install userscripts, displays userscripts which can be used on the currently viewed page