Group:LibrePlanet Rapid Responders/Planning
(everyone should feel add their info here)
- Lesley A. Harrison - Introduction letter
- Andrew Roach
- Brandon Lozza - Introduction letter
- Mike VandeVelde - Introduction letter
- Diego Trujillo - Introduction letter
- Marcel Ribeiro Dantas - Introduction letter
- Ted Smith
- Ruhan Alpaydin - Introduction letter
- Justin "threethirty" O'Brien - Introduction letter
- Enrique Otero - Introduction letter
- Florian Snow - Introduction email (introduction still uses my former last name, Purucker)
- Julian A. Pierce - Introduction email
- Franz - LegionZero - Introduction letter
- Blaise Alleyne - Introduction
- James K. Phillips - Comprehensive Introduction E-mail
- Adolfo De Unánue -
- Simon Water - Introduction email
- Aurelien DESBRIERES
- Pravin Balaji Dhayfule
- Andrew Engelbrecht
Official Team Members
(member / role)
Official Approval Process
(still in draft)
- Responses in Introduction Letter have been approved.
- Member has chosen a role (or created a new one)
- Role has been approved
List roles here. A role could have parameters specific to each member's undertaking of it (like, sites that member read, or communities they participate in).
- Monitor this list of important news sites and respond to articles.
- Timely, on-message responses to articles and blog posts on issues relating to software freedom.
- Follow the most popular sites, introduce free software philosophy.
The FSF Community Team will be doing things like:
- Responding to questions and correcting misconceptions about free software in online media.
- Working with the FSF campaigns team to respond to big news stories that impact software freedom, or stories that are chances for people to understand why free software matters.
- Making sure that important stories, about topics like fully free GNU/Linux distributions, DRM, or the dangers of "cloud computing," get as much attention as possible in the media and the widest possible reach through social networking sites.
Just to be clear, the goal here is not to get into long, drawn out flame-wars :). Rather, this will be an organized and respectful approach to raising awareness of free software's importance.
- Who is a participant and who is an official team member?
Problems and Solutions
(list problems as they come up, and proposed solutions)
- Explaining the idea of free software can be hard.
- Solutions: Short explanations of free software
- There is no central, simple-to-access place where all stories that might be of interest to the Community Team are aggregated.
- Solution: Host an instance of Planet that has the combined feeds of all relevant discussions. This would be simple to add to feed readers and could be expanded as needed.
- Problems with solution
- Using feeds provided by the upstream discussion sources would result in a lot of irrelevant articles in the Planet feed.