- Location: The Waterhouse
- Date: 2008-09-08
- Start time: 19:00
|Last Meeting||Adopt minutes||Lucy|
|19:10 (+5)||Announcements and other business||Simon|
|19:15 (+10)||Speakers||Confirmed and suggested speakers||Simon|
|19:25 (+10)||Software Freedom Day||Current status||Dave|
|19:35 (+10)||Promotion||Places and materials to promote||Dave|
|19:45 (+10)||Books||120 FSF Books!||Dave|
|19:55 (+5)||Recording||Current status||Simon|
|19:55 (+5)||More other business||Matt|
|20:00 (+5)||Next Meeting||Time, place, and agenda items||Matt|
- Supporting Material: Minutes of Meeting on 2008-08-11
- Objective: Approval of Minutes of Meeting on 2008-08-11.
We urgently need more speakers!
- Actions from previous meeting:
- Dave to contact Ben Green.
- Simon to continue contact with Harald Welte.
- Simon to contact Jono Bacon.
- Tim to contact Stephen Fry.
- Tim to contact DNUK.
- Lucy to contact John Pinner.
- Tim to contact Rufus Pollock.
Software Freedom Day
- Supporting Material: Free The Library 2008 SFD Plan
- Previous Actions:
- Matt to give Dave web links and contact information for the library.
- Lucy to chase Dave about the library and supplies from SFD.
- Dave to contact someone at Manchester library to make arrangements for SFD.
- List of places to promote
- List of promotional materials
- Previous actions:
- Lucy to create A4 poster.
- Lucy to create A5 leaflet.
The FSF has given us 120 books to sell, with 65% of the price going back to the FSF. This will give us money towards future events, as well as raising money for the FSF.
- Arrange to store the books with various people
- Make arrangements to handle the cash raised by selling the books.
- Previous actions:
- Dave to buy a high capacity SD card for his camera and to speak to Mick about obtaining a video camera for his talk.
- Simon to speak to the MDDA about the possibility of borrowing a video camera for future talks.
- Paul to investigate and search for the lost Warped camera.
- Are we going and can we get a stand or help out with an existing stand?
- Review of this meeting.
- Time and location: 2008-10-13 19:00 at the Waterhouse?
- List of agenda items to include