Minutes of Meeting of 9th May 2011
Time: 19:10, Monday, 9th May 2011.
Present: Llewyn, Sam T, Mike (Chair, Minutes)
Apologies: J.P., Luke, Simon.
None, everyone knows each other.
Minutes of last meeting dated 11th April 2011 were approved as correct by Michael. Manchester/2011-04-11/Minutes.
Announcements and other business
Mike said that we will have Postgres 2nd quadrant for June.
Llewyn has tried to contact Mick Fuzz, finally got him.
Llewyn will ask Vicky for Speakers. Mike explained our previous involvement and how it would be good to re-engage with them.
Sam T ok to do freedombox talk, and host event if necessary, in July.
ACTION: - Llewyn to ask Vicky for speakers.
ACTION: - Sam T to do freedombox talk on 19th July.
ACTION: - Mike send invite to Sam T about freedombox talk on 19th July.
Manchester University Society
J.P. not present so no update.
ACTION: - J.P. to fill in the forms.
Chorlton's Big Green Festival 2011
Llewyn said it went really well. Not much to say as everyone at meeting went to event. Integrate more with Des.
ACTION: - Llewyn to do write up on event.
Software Freedom Day 2011
Llewyn is meeting with Vicky at Arcspace on Sunday about SFD as part of Hackademia. Defaulting to Madlab for venue. Llewyn going to get more involved. Mike said about SFD wiki for people to ask for help. Llewyn wants to cultivate free software awareness in artists and activists groups.
ACTION: - Llewyn to meet with Vicky at Arcspace on Sunday about SFD.
ACTION: - Llewyn to get August talk, perhaps Mick Fuzz, to encourage activists and artists to attend SFD.
Okay Computer 2
Llewyn says that it will be after SFD.
Llewyn says that Okay Computer 1.5 will be in Summer and Les P organising with Anna getting people involved.
Mike said he will get Free Software, Free Society 2nd edition printed.
Llewyn has looked at badge makers but they are really expensive in UK. 2nd hand badgers.
ACTION: - Mike to arrange to get Free Software, Free Society 2nd edition printed.
ACTION: - All to investigate second hand badge makers.
Llyewn said we should still have door banner even though Madlab now has a door banner of sorts. Sam T offered to print out.
Mike still hasn't upload flyer.
ACTION: - Llewyn to resend door banner.
ACTION: - Sam T to print door banner x 2.
ACTION: - Mike to upload flyer.
More other business
Sam T has written a guide about teaching and support about free software with practical hands on and with screen shots. Mike said that getting help should be built into all training.
Llewyn was inspired by OKCafe and Jim's email to want to get more involved with small businesses and activist groups. Sam T said that its really important to them from money side. Llewyn complained about groups using non-free software. Sam T said that FSFE want to/are going to get more involved with this. Llewyn stresses the importance of cultivating relationships. Sam T wants everyone to be more integrated.
Llewyn suggests a key signing agenda item. Mike put after Intros every month.
Monday, 13th June 2011. 19:00 at the The Waterhouse.