Tips for Libre Travelers
Please note that the venue for LibrePlanet 2020 has not yet been confirmed, and that these recommendations may be subject to change.
Where to stay
Prices range from $ (cheap) to $$$ (pricey).
On the Red Line
The Red Line is an MBTA subway route
that cuts through Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville.
- The DoubleTree is over the Charles River in Boston. A 5 minute ride on the 64 or 70 bus takes you into Central Square ($$$)
The easiest way to get around Boston/Cambridge is to use the MBTA. Passes can be purchased with cash or credit/debit cards in stations.
Arriving in the city
From Logan Airport
Most people travel via these three routes from the airport:
- Cabs are located all over the city: at the airport and major subway stations.
- The Blue Line is a train, with a shuttle bus from Logan Airport to the Airport MBTA stop; the Silver Line is an expedited bus. The MBTA website provides a very helpful page on how to navigate via the Silver Line and Blue Line from the airport.
Commuting from the suburbs
- Travel via North Station from north of the city. From there, take the Green Line to Park Street to reach the office.
- Travel via South Station from south of the city. The station is situated on the Red Line. You can take the Red Line toward Alewife to Downtown Crossing to visit the FSF office.
If you have questions about traveling, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting to the Free Software Foundation office
- Address: 51 Franklin Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02110
- Closest subway stops:
- Green/Red Lines: Park Street Station
- Green/Orange Lines: Downtown Crossing Station
- Directions: Each of these subway stations is
only a block away from the FSF. State Street and
Government Center are also in easy walking
The door is unlocked during the day, so you can just come right on inside to the 5th floor. If the door happens to be locked, the intercom outside will connect you to a phone so we can let up in. Or, just call us at +1 617 542 5942.
Prices are approximate and may not be up to date.
Downtown/Near FSF office