Tips for Libre Travelers
LibrePlanet 2020 will be held in the Dorothy Quincy Suite of the Back Bay Events Center in Boston. It is located on 180 Berkeley st, Boston MA, 02116. The LibrePlanet entrance is located on Stuart Street.
Where to stay
Prices range from $ (cheap) to $$$ (pricey).
The easiest way to get around Boston/Cambridge is to use the MBTA. Passes can be purchased with cash or credit/debit cards in stations.
Arriving in the city
From Logan Airport
Most people travel via these three routes from the airport:
- Cabs are located all over the city: at the airport and major subway stations.
- The Blue Line is a train, with a shuttle bus from Logan Airport to the Airport MBTA stop; the Silver Line is an expedited bus. The MBTA website provides a very helpful page on how to navigate via the Silver Line and Blue Line from the airport.
Getting to LibrePlanet at Back Bay Events Center
Dorothy Quincy Suite
in the Back Bay Events Center
Address: 180 Berkeley St, Boston, MA 02116
Entrance: Stuart St
The Center is situated between 2 train stops:
- Option 1: Green Line: Arlington Station
Directions: When you leave the station, head West on Boylston Street (toward Berkeley street), turn left on Berkeley St. The LibrePlanet entrance is on the Stuart St side of the building.
- Option 2: Orange Line: Back Bay Station
Directions: When you leave the station, head North and turn left onto Clarendon St. Turn right onto stanhope St, and stay on Stanhope St until you can turn left onto Berkeley St.The LibrePlanet entrance is on the Stuart St side of the building.
Getting to the Free Software Foundation office
- Address: 51 Franklin Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02110
Directions: Each of these subway stations is only a block away from the FSF. State Street and Government Center are also in easy walking distance.
The door is unlocked during the day, so you can just come right on inside to the 5th floor. If the door happens to be locked, call us at +1 617 542 5942.
If you have questions about traveling, contact us at email@example.com.
Prices are approximate and may not be up to date.
Around the Back Bay Events Center
- 100 Clarendon St - Up to 1 Hour $12.00, 1-2 Hours $22.00, 2 Hours to 24 Hours $40.00
The Back Bay Events Center is offering a discounted parking rate for the garage @ 100 Clarendon. Bring your parking ticket with you and hav a BBEC representative stamp your ticket to receive the discount.
Downtown/Near FSF office
Where to Eat
- Mike and Patty's: Breakfast, Sandwiches, Brunch - ($)
- The Friendly Toast: A unique breakfast experience for guests, morning, noon and night - ($$)
- Citrus and Salt: Mexican lunch and brunch. Also a cocktail Bar - ($$)
- Grill 23 & Bar: Seafood, steak house, wine bar - ($$$$)
- Flour Bakery Clarendon St: One of the best bakeries and sandwich lunches in town - ($$)
- The Thinking Cup: Coffee, tea, sandwiches - ($$)
- Parish Cafe: American sandwiches, craft beers - ($$)
- The Salty Pig: Fancy pizza - ($$)
- Saltie Girl: Seafood, wine bar, cocktails - ($$$)
- Life Alive: Vegan food - ($$)