Tips for Libre Travelers
LibrePlanet 2020 will be held online this year due to the continuing COVID-19 outbreak. If you are coming to the FSF office to give your talk in person, or simply can't alter your travel plans, please consult the resources we've provided below.
Where to stay
Prices range from $ (cheap) to $$$ (pricey).
The easiest way to get around Boston/Cambridge is to use the MBTA. Passes can be purchased with cash or credit/debit cards in stations.
Arriving in the city
From Logan Airport
Most people travel via these three routes from the airport:
- Cabs are located all over the city: at the airport and major subway stations.
- The Blue Line is a train, with a shuttle bus from Logan Airport to the Airport MBTA stop; the Silver Line is an expedited bus. The MBTA website provides a very helpful page on how to navigate via the Silver Line and Blue Line from the airport.
Getting to the Free Software Foundation office
- Address: 51 Franklin Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02110
Directions: Each of these subway stations is only a block away from the FSF. State Street and Government Center are also in easy walking distance.
The door is unlocked during the day, so you can just come right on inside to the 5th floor. If the door happens to be locked, call us at +1 617 542 5942.
If you have questions about traveling, contact us at email@example.com.
Prices are approximate and may not be up to date.
Downtown/Near FSF office
Where to Eat
- Mike and Patty's: Breakfast, Sandwiches, Brunch - ($)
- The Friendly Toast: A unique breakfast experience for guests, morning, noon and night - ($$)
- Citrus and Salt: Mexican lunch and brunch. Also a cocktail Bar - ($$)
- Grill 23 & Bar: Seafood, steak house, wine bar - ($$$$)
- Flour Bakery Clarendon St: One of the best bakeries and sandwich lunches in town - ($$)
- The Thinking Cup: Coffee, tea, sandwiches - ($$)
- Parish Cafe: American sandwiches, craft beers - ($$)
- The Salty Pig: Fancy pizza - ($$)
- Saltie Girl: Seafood, wine bar, cocktails - ($$$)
- Life Alive: Vegan food - ($$)