Group:Defective by Design
This is the group project page for Defective By Design, the Free Software Foundation's campaign against Digital Restrictions Management.
You can help by signing up for the campaign action alerts at DefectiveByDesign.org.
The campaign was started in 2006.
Day Against DRM
- Brick Nintendo before they brick you! -- send bricks to Nintendo America to protest their obnoxious Terms of Service and restrictive DRM system, which allows them to remotely disable any user's device
- Help Stamp Out DRM in Education -- add schools that require or distribute DRM-infected devices to this list.
- Double-plus ungood: give Amazon's Kindle a 1-star review
- We believe in the freedom to read
- Apple says you can't have freedom because you might be clumsy, evil, and a drug dealer
Holiday Buying Guide
The 2011 Holiday Buying Guide can be updated, especially with more recommendations of what people can spend their money on. People have been mailing in suggestions and so we are going to compile them and vet them. You can help.
These are places where your votes and comments can help get the word out.
- http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/12/all-your-pics-are-be.html (specifically about the photo policy)
Brick Nintendo Blog Posts
You can show your support for the campaign by adding its userbox to your user page:
(list generated dynamically)
Suggestions by users
- Put a basic description of the campaign here.