- 1 Right to Repair in the US
- 2 States
Right to Repair in the US
In the United States decisions can be made on a state legislative level, so it is your local representatives that can help make a difference.
- Massachusetts Right to Repair had a significant win passing an advanced right to repair law in the recent November 2020 elections in Massachusetts, US.
- "If the car manufacturers' point is that they have built mobile surveillance platforms that non-consensually harvest so much data from us that if the wrong person gets access to them, they can destroy your life, then I think that the answer should be for them to stop spying on us with our cars," Cory Doctorow responded in an interview on WGBH.
- Kyle Wiens responded in a response on their blog, "Modern cars can send maintenance information directly to the manufacturers, cutting out local mechanics. Question 1 makes sure that consumers can continue to fix their own vehicles, or get them fixed at the shop of their choice."
- 2021-06-10 Enacts the digital fair repair act https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/s4104