Group: FSF:office volunteers
Volunteering at the Free Software Foundation Office
The FSF is often in need of some help around the office. If you are in the Boston area and want to help out, Please send an email to email@example.com. If there's a task that suits you, we'd love to have you come by. Our core office hours are 10am-4m weekdays and our office is located at
51 Franklin Street, 5th floor
Boston, MA 02110
Many people who have volunteered at the FSF have been accepted as interns, and some of those interns have become employees the FSF. Also, spending time here is a good way to meet the staff, but please note that the staff have work to do, so they often can't talk for very long. Staff typically take lunch between noon and three PM or so - this can be a good time to chat.
These are things that we periodically need help with:
- Bundling Stickers (Instructions)
- Making Sticker Packs (Instructions)
- Helping with Shipping (Instructions)
- Scanning Old Files (Instructions)
Other Tasks / Projects
- Become part of our online debate team to help reiterate the message and correct misuse of terms and concepts. (Find more info) and [join]
- We are always looking for more translators
Time Dependent Volunteer Opportunities
We have some volunteer opportunities that are time dependent, such as our biannual membership mailing. Those will be announced to our local volunteer mailing list (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list if you aren't already) but should be listed here as well.