The Education Team
The Education Team was created to carry out the specific task of building an Education section within the gnu.org website, because we believe that the achievements of the GNU Project and the benefits of the GNU system must be applied to the education field if they are to have an effective positive influence on society as a whole.
The Team provides an answer to the need for a comprehensive approach to the adoption of Free Software by all educational institutions. Along with technical support and availability of adequate free educational programs, an improved understanding of the fundamentals of the GNU philosophy will significantly aid the decisional process at times when schools and universities are considering the possibility of migrating to Free Software. For this reason, we aim at emphasizing the importance of the ethical principles of Free Software since they are in line with the goals of educational institutions of all levels. This approach will ensure success and effectiveness of the migration experience over time. Thus, raising awareness about those principles is the main goal of our Team.
With that goal in mind, the Team intends to perform the following tasks:
- Present cases of educational institutions around the world who have successfully implemented the use and teaching of Free Software.
- Show examples of how some Free programs can be successfully used to improve the learning and teaching processes.
- Publish articles which deal with the various aspects involved in the use of Free Software by educational institutions.
- Maintain a dialogue with educational institutions to listen to their difficulties and provide support.
- Keep in contact with other groups around the world committed to the promotion of Free Software in education.
If you are interested in our work and wish to help, if you have any questions or suggestions, or if you know of any educational institutions around the world who follow the GNU philosophy and have successfully implemented Free Software, please drop us a note at <email@example.com>.
Pages in category "Team"
This category contains only the following page.