|In other languages:||español • Português|
Mission_Statement en en
So that the name 'LibrePlanet' is strongly associated with a clear goal, and so individual groups can cooperate and collaborate effectively, all LibrePlanet participants agree with this set of founding principles:
Add this box to your profile page to indicate you support these documents and agree to work in accordance with LibrePlanet's Mission Statement and Code of Conduct.
Simply add the following line to your user page:
The mission of LibrePlanet is to empower a global network of local and academic groups, project teams, interest-based work-groups, and individuals all working together to advance free software and free culture as a movement for social justice.
As media and technology mediates how we experience and interact with the world, the private owners of software, knowledge, and culture have control over us. With a strong commitment to free software and free cultural works, we work against the exploitation, domination, and oppression enabled by private ownership of technology, media, and communication. While free software and free culture are radical stances against one form of oppression, we acknowledge that there are systemic structures of control embedded in our society which permeate our movement. Therefore, we maintain a Code of Conduct which takes those into account.
- Unite: Bridge connections between hackers, activists, and participants in the free software and free culture movement.
- Educate: Produce and distribute informational resources on free software and free culture.
- Empower: Provide support and guidance for people using and contributing to free software.
- Connect: Form alliances with related organizations and build coalitions with other groups working against oppression.
- Advance: Promote the development of free software and free cultural works.