Group: Free Software Fans
(people, not appliances :P) (don't be scared by these English description, we do mainly use Chinese in our community)
Free Software Fans (a.k.a. FSFans) is a group of advocates devoted to promoting free software and its philosophy.
In general, the term "free software" means software that you are free to use, modify and share; and when speaking of `free', we mean freedom, not price.
Since software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives, we are convinced that technologies that we make use of today (computer programs, smartphone apps, etc.) must be free enough to make sure that they're controlled by their users, not big companies. With the freedom that free foftware gives you comes other fundamental rights like freedom of speech and privacy.
As free software is becoming increasingly necessary in our lives, we felt obliged to team up with as many people as we could to remind people of the importance of digital freedom and teach them how to fight back for it. Founded in China, FSFans aims to fight for what you should have had in your digital life.
What do we do
- Provide a good place for discussion. (Free Software, Books, Games... We are a complete community)
- Provide a good place for sharing your work.
- Provide (maybe) good services. (Forgejo, Mumble, Minetest, Pubnix etc)
As a community of free software advocates, we strive to promote the notions of ethical technology and user freedom, and we wish to create a welcoming and inclusive community to achieve our goals. Therefore, we want for our members to follow our do's and don'ts as below, which we believe makes us healthy community:
- Do respect others, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, political views, etc.
- Don't promote proprietary software or any use of technology that subjugates the users, such as SaaSS, surveillance or censorship.
How to participate
No matter how you join, you must:
- Accept the community rules.
- Prepare a self introduction.
You can join in by:
- Get a invitation from the member.
- Write the administrator an email.
For more detailed instructions, please see our website.