Group: Free Software Foundation/Licensing Volunteers/GPLv3 interviews
Each month, the FSF licensing team tries to publish an interview highlighting a project that has chosen to publish their software under GNU licenses, especially GNU GPLv3 and AGPLv3.
Note: As of mid-2022, the FSF is rebooting these interviews! We have a couple interviews on the docket, but if you have any tips on potential candidates, please add them to the list below. Thank you!
Possible (future) interviews
Please add your suggestions to the list below. We prefer (for this purpose) if the project is not a part of the GNU Project.
- GlobalLeaks which appears to be AGPLv3
- Martus which seems to be GPLv3 according to https://code.google.com/p/martus/
- Stephen Hawes from LumenPnP.
- Marko Saric from Plausible regarding AGPLv3.
- Drew DeVault known for Sourcehut.
To get more ideas, consider looking through this list on the free software directory.
Potential interview but with known issues
- John Hsieh interviews Mastodon developer Eugen Rochko for the Bulletin
- The Licensing and Compliance Lab interviews Aaron Wolf of Snowdrift.coop
- The Licensing and Compliance Lab interviews Jessica Tallon of PyPump
- Interview with Bitcoin Armory
- Interview with GNU remotecontrol
- Interview with Tox.im
- Interview with Ciaran Gultnieks of F-Droid
- Interview with Roman Telezhinsky of Valentina
- Interview with Joerg Henrichs of SuperTuxKart
- Interview with Frank Karlitschek of ownCloud
- Interview with Andrew Ziem of BleachBit
- Interview with Caleb James DeLisle of cjdns
- Interview with Bernd Kreuss of TorChat
- Interview with Shiv Shankar Dayal of Kunjika
- Interview with Adam Hyde of Booktype
- Interview with Matthieu Aubry of Piwik
- Interview with Kovid Goyal of Calibre
- Jeremy Allison on why Samba switched to GPLv3
- John W. Eaton of GNU Octave
Note: There may be a past interview missing. One place to look for interviews missing from the above list is to search via fsf.org.
This page was a featured resource in November 2014.