|Group name||LibrePlanet LiveCode users group|
LiveCode is a free open-source cross-platform rapid application development language inspired by Hypercard's programming language. This group aims to help organize traditional resources expected in a free open source software project. As such, the focus is on the freely licensed version of LiveCode.
Joining this group
- IRC: ##livecode channel on Freenode
- Mailing list: (pending) - a mailing list is in the process of being setup
Installing LiveCode 6 (community edition
- Download the installer
- Registration information (email, password) from RunRev.com are required to install. If you already have an account, the password can be reset here.
- There is ongoing discussion about the technical and privacy issues around the registration requirement:
- Students may not even have an email in educational environments
- An Internet connection is required for each installation - a workaround includes logging while having connectivtiy and getting an encrypted license file
- RunRev staff has indicated they don't consider this a problem and suggest forking the code as an option
- They have since changed their mind , and decided to make this process optional in the future.
Installing LiveCode 6 in Debian 7 (Wheezy) GNU/Linux
- Get the installer (see above)
- From the file browser (Nautilus), locate the installer file, right-click on it, choose Properties and under the Permissions tab choose Allow executing file as program
- If you are using 64-bit, see this forum thread
- Double-click on the installer file
Contributing to LiveCode
Note: Each website requires a separate registration, also different than the one required to install LiveCode.
- Contributing to LiveCode @RunRev
Community resources and links
Self help & discussion
- LiveCode has its very own sub-reddit
- LiveCode community on Google+
- LiveCode users mailing list @RunRev
- User forums @RunRev (separate registration)