Translating the FSF homepage is a little different to other pages on the site.
- The title is not displayed, but should be set to 'Welcome' in your local language (ie. Willkommen for Deutsch)
- The description makes up the large text " The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is a nonprofit with a worldwide mission to promote computer user freedom and to defend the rights of all free software users."
- The body is pretty basic, and fairly standard...
<h2 id="support-freedom">Support freedom</h2> <p class="c"><img src="http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/v/thegnu.png" alt="" /></p> <h3 id="support"><a href="http://my.fsf.org/join?referrer=5868">Join now with a $10 monthly donation</a></h3> <p class="c">FSF is a 501(c)(3) charity, and your membership dues are tax-deductible in the USA.</p>
- The form and quotation are fixed by the template, and currently not translatable. This will be fixed in the future.
- Most importantly, the 'display view' should be set to 'frontpage_view' -- this will do the magic and transform the page look/feel.
- Portlets should also be translated, and different from the homepage -- A static text portlet, news (3 items), blogs (3 items), events (3 items)