LibrePlanet: Conference/2020/Lightning Talks
Lightning talks are five-minute presentations given by conference attendees on free software topics they're passionate about.
DATE & TIME Lightning talks 2020 TBC
If you would like to give a talk:
- Please list a title, a short description, and (optionally) your name to the list below. You'll also be able to sign up at the conference, or just walk up, if there is time remaining.
- Please make sure your lightning talks are about free software–related issues and projects, and don't advocate proprietary software or Services as a Software Substitute (SaaSS). There are many conferences focused on "open source," and we're proud that people come to LibrePlanet to be part of the free software movement.
- In your presentations, please use the term "free software" rather than "open source", to help us keep LibrePlanet focused on computer-user freedom. We appreciate it, and your audience will too.
- To ensure a conference that's safe and fun for everyone, we take our Safe Space Policy very seriously. We'd appreciate it if you looked it over before planning your presentation.
- Please e-mail any slides you might want to show via an FSF-owned laptop during your talk to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8 and, as a precautionary measure, bring them on a USB drive to your talk. Please make sure they are in PDF format, not LibreOffice (and, of course, please definitely not in PowerPoint).
The lightning talks will be streamed. You will need to sign a speaker release right before you give your talk.
If you'd like to suggest a topic, but not necessarily give a talk, you're welcome to make a suggestion on the Discussion area for this page.
Our tips for an awesome lightning talk:
- Be as selective as possible with what you cover. (In our experience, a five-minute talk cannot cover what a fifteen-minute talk covers and still be effective.)
- Use a large, reader-friendly font for all your slides.
- Keep the number of your slides low.
- Do not visually overload your slides.
Talk Signup List