LibrePlanet: Conference/2020/Lightning Talks
Lightning talks are five-minute presentations given by conference attendees on free software topics they're passionate about.
Submission for Lightning Talks for LibrePlanet 2020 is closed
Lightning talks 2020
Since we are now streaming LibrePlanet only, these instructions have changed. Upload your lightning talk in advance!
- Submit a talk online following the below instructions, then email email@example.com with your speaker release.
- Please make sure your lightning talks are about free software–related issues and projects, and don't advocate proprietary software or Services as a Software Substitute (SaaSS). There are many conferences focused on "open source," and we're proud that people come to LibrePlanet to be part of the free software movement.
- In your presentations, please use the term "free software" rather than "open source", to help us keep LibrePlanet focused on computer-user freedom. We appreciate it, and your audience will too.
- To ensure a conference that's safe and fun for everyone, we take our Safe Space Policy very seriously. We'd appreciate it if you looked it over before planning your presentation.
The lightning talks will be streamed and posted online.
Our tips for an awesome lightning talk:
- Be as selective as possible with what you cover. (In our experience, a five-minute talk cannot cover what a fifteen-minute talk covers and still be effective.)
- Use a large, reader-friendly font for all your slides.
- Keep the number of your slides low.
- Do not visually overload your slides.