Making FLOSS WebApps FNS By Default (LP09)
Proposed by Mike Linksvayer for LibrePlanet2009/OpenConference/FNS
As discussed in the first autonomo.us podcast there are some obvious (some easy, some hard) things that could be done to make existing free software web apps (eg WordPress) free network services out of the box.
- Source/free software notice in default template
- Default to free cultural licensing
- Web "usability" standardish things -- where should source availability and software license be noted on web pages; recognizable icons, metadata?
- Evangelize above to existing deployments of free software web apps that are free network services or very close
- Deploy from dvcs instead of tarball to facilitate publishing changes (probably merits separate session)
Session to flesh out above, propose/document solutions, list action items/targets