Lists and logins
The following are mailing lists and logins that a team member should have so that they can keep informed about things relevant to the group and are capable of performing administration tasks of the group.
Mailing lists - Strongly Recommended
- Subscribe to NWDC Announcements List. This to keep you informed about events in the "digital community" of the North West that we might want to attend/publicise/participate in.
- Software Freedom Day Announce list. This is so you are kept informed of Software Freedom Day (SFD) which we run an event for each year.
- LUG Masters in the UK list. MFS on is lug.org.uk and the "list is open to anyone who is involved in the organisation of LUGs (or other free software groups) in the UK.".
Mailing lists - Recommended
- MAN-LUG List.
- Free Software Foundation Announcements and Information list
- Free Software and the United Kingdom list
- libreplanet-discuss list
Logins - Strongly Recommended
- LibrePlanet signup. This is to allow you to edit the wiki including meeting agendas and minutes.
- Then submit a request for inclusion of Free Software Groups UK (fsuk) project. We are currently only using mailing lists on nongnu.org but Savannah has facilities for, among other things, a task tracker, which we might use in future.
What to do and what not to do.
- Software Freedom Activism Guide