Software Freedom Day in Boston (2008)
September 20th, 2008 from 10am until 4pm
Encuentro 5, 33 Harrison Ave, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02111
Located in Boston's Chinatown, easily accessible to the Orange and Green T Lines
There is no admission charge for the event, and food and drinks will be served.
Schedule for the Day
- 10:00 - 10:30 Registration, with coffee and bagels, five player Frozen Bubble will be available all day
- 10:30 - 11:00 Keynote -- Guerilla Freedom: How I freed public domain books, government archives, and databases -- and how you can too. Aaron Swartz of Watchdog.net
11:00 - 11:50 — Workshop session 1
- Track A = FLOSS Graphics with Máirín Duffy
- Track B = Creating open and powerful website using Plone with Nate Aune and Aaron VanDerlip
12:00 - 12:50 — Workshop session 2
- Track A = Free your small mobile devices with Mako Hill and John Sullivan
- Track B = Free 3D with Blender with Bassam Kurdali
1:00 - 2:00 — Lunch
- 2:00 - 3:00 "Freedom Fry -- Happy Birthday to GNU" and what's going on at the FSF?
- 3:00 - 3:40 Lightning Talks (Sign up at the event with Matt Lee)
- 3:40 - 4:00 Announcements
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cameron Freer / vdash - formal math commons
- Martin Owens / LoCo - Website
- Mike Cardoza / Overdrive @ libraries
- Donald Robertson (FSF Copyright Administrator) / Free Software @ law school
- Nate Aune / ClueMapper slides available on slideshare.net
- Richard M. Stalman (RMS) / Various Topics
- Mako Hill / Revealing Errors
- Chris Scmidt / MAPS.
- Deb N (FSF Membership) / #GLOFS, aka Glorious Ladies of Free Software