Video upload instructions
Please follow the instructions below to submit a video for an FSF-event, including LibrePlanet or the FSF anniversary event.
After uploading your video and filling out the video release form included below, please email email@example.com notifying us of your submission.
FSF Lightning Talks
Record a 5-minute max.
- Please make sure your lightning talks are about free software–related issues and projects, and don't advocate proprietary software or Services as a Software Substitute (SaaSS). There are many conferences focused on "open source," and we're proud that people come to LibrePlanet to be part of the free software movement.
- In your presentations, please use the term "free software" rather than "open source", to help us keep LibrePlanet focused on computer-user freedom. We appreciate it, and your audience will too.
If you didn't make this deadline, do not hesitate to upload, who knows, we may still find a spot for it.
You should upload your video to our FTP server:
- Host: photoupload.fsf.org
- Username: anonymous
- Port: 21
- Folder: upload-here
- Troubleshoot: if the connection fails the first attempt, please check the host name is exactly as described above, not including "ftp" or any additional text.*
If you are using Trisquel GNU/Linux, you can install with "apt-get install filezilla". Otherwise, you can download the client from here: FileZilla.
- Open Filezilla
- In the "host" field near the top of the window, enter "photoupload.fsf.org"
- Click "Quickconnect"
- When the window that says that the host key is unknown, select the check box next to "Always trust this host", then click OK
You should now be connected. Drag and drop video file you want to upload from the left hand file tree into the upload-here folder in the right side pane.
When you are done uploading
- Confirm your submission with speaker release by emailing the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Video release form
We need your release form to be able to use and publish your video for the event. Please copy and paste the following text into your email to email@example.com.
I agree that my presentation at the LibrePlanet is subject to the following terms and conditions:
The Free Software Foundation ("FSF") may capture audio and video (a "Recording") of my presentation and any associated materials.
I authorize FSF to distribute, reproduce, publicly display, and prepare derivative works of the Recording and any derivative works of the Recording (the "Licensed Materials") under the terms of the following license:
[ ] Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA)
I grant to FSF permission to use my name, likeness, and biographic information in association with its use of the Licensed Materials under the above license.
I represent that I have the authority to grant the above license to FSF. If my presentation incorporates any material owned by third parties, I represent that the material is sublicensable to FSF or that my use of them is fair use.
This Release is governed by United States and international copyright law and by the law of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.