Group: Free Software Foundation/Licensing Volunteers/GPL interviews
Each month, the FSF licensing team tries to publish an interview highlighting a project that has chosen to publish their software under GNU licenses, especially GNU GPLv3 and AGPLv3.
Note: As of mid-2022, the FSF is rebooting these interviews! We have a couple interviews on the docket, but if you have any tips on potential candidates, please add them to the list below. Thank you!
Possible (future) interviews
Please add your suggestions to the list below. We prefer (for this purpose) if the project is not a part of the GNU Project.
- GlobalLeaks which appears to be AGPLv3
- Martus which seems to be GPLv3 according to https://code.google.com/p/martus/
- Stephen Hawes from LumenPnP.
- Marko Saric from Plausible regarding AGPLv3.
- Drew DeVault known for Sourcehut.
- gotosocial, an AGPLv3 ActivityPub server written in Go.
To get more ideas, consider looking through this list on the free software directory.
Potential interview but with known issues
- marginalia.nu search engine (source) (AGPL-3.0-or-later license) (announcement)
- AnkiDroid <https://apps.ankiweb.net/>
Past interviews (sorted by newest)
- Frans de Jonge tells us about KOReader in this AGPLv3 interview
- Interview with Martin Dougiamas of Moodle
- John Hsieh interviews Mastodon developer Eugen Rochko for the Bulletin
- The Licensing and Compliance Lab interviews Michael Lissner and Brian Carver of RECAP The Law
- The Licensing and Compliance Lab interviews Joël Krähemann, maintainer of Advanced GTK+ Sequencer
- The Licensing and Compliance Lab interviews Aaron Wolf of Snowdrift.coop
- The Licensing and Compliance Lab interviews Jessica Tallon of PyPump
- Interview with Bitcoin Armory
- Interview with GNU remotecontrol
- Interview with Tox.im
- Interview with Ciaran Gultnieks of F-Droid
- Interview with Roman Telezhinsky of Valentina
- Interview with Joerg Henrichs of SuperTuxKart
- Interview with Frank Karlitschek of ownCloud
- Interview with Andrew Ziem of BleachBit
- Interview with Caleb James DeLisle of cjdns
- Interview with Bernd Kreuss of TorChat
- Interview with Shiv Shankar Dayal of Kunjika
- Interview with Adam Hyde of Booktype
- Interview with Matthieu Aubry of Piwik
- Interview with Kovid Goyal of Calibre
- Jeremy Allison on why Samba switched to GPLv3
- John W. Eaton of GNU Octave
This page was a featured resource in November 2014.
This page was a featured resource in August 2022.