This page is for tracking anything related with the 2020 GNU Guix/Guile conference and hackathon on Jan. 30st and 31st—right before FOSDEM2020 and the Minimalistic, Experimental and Emerging Languages devroom and the original application minimalistic language devroom.
GNU Guix Days
Annual GNU Guix (un)conference. This event is a FOSDEM 2020 fringe event.
GNU Guix is growing rapidly and has gone from a software packaging system to a full tool stack aimed at reproducible software deployment and development. GNU Guix is a toolkit that allows developers to integrate reproducible software deployment into their applications—as opposed to leaving it up to the user. GNU Guix is based on the GNU Guile programming language which makes it a very versatile and hackable (in the good sense) environment.
Thursday 30st and Friday 31st of January, 2020, the two days before FOSDEM.
Coffee at 9:30AM, and starting at 10AM.
We will have some talks in the morning and hacking and discussions the rest of the day. Two days of GNU Guix bliss.
The event targets an audience of Guix developers and users.
In pure “unconference” style, the program will be made by participants as we go, with hands-on sessions organized in sub-groups. Possible session topics that have already been proposed include:
- GNU Guix road map
- GNU Guix online documentation
- Mes and bootstrapping
- Reproducibility project
- Alternative target architectures (ARM etc.)
- Developing workflows (GNU Guix and GNU Workflow Language)
- Support for D in GNU Guix
- Demonstration and explanation of The Perfect Setup (Emacs, Geiser, Magit)
- Demonstration and live-hacking of Next browser + introduction to the code base
- Better build systems for JVM languages in GNU Guix (support maven, sbt, gradle, ...)
- Reproducible JDK
- The Guix System installer
- your topic?
Code of conduct
Be aware that attendees implicitely abide by the code of conduct as stated by FOSDEM.
How to register?
Add your name here and/or send a message to Manolis <email@example.com> or Pjotr <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please email us if you would need on-site childcare to be able to attend.
Note: there is a maximum of 40 participants.
- Ludovic Courtès
- Pjotr Prins
- Manolis Ragkousis
- Efraim Flashner
- Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
- Christopher Baines
- Björn Höfling
- Gábor Boskovits
- Andreas Enge (only Friday)
- Simon Tournier
- Nicolò Balzarotti
- Chris Marusich
- Jonathan Brielmaier (not yet 100% sure. I would withdraw 2 weeks before)
- Danny Milosavljevic
- Carl Dong
- Pierre Neidhardt
- janneke (Jan) Nieuwenhuizen
- Lars-Dominik Braun
- Martin Becze
- Mark Wielaard (on Friday)
- Tom Tromey
(add your name above this line)
Attendance is free. We will ask a voluntary contribution for consumptions.
- Foundation of Guix Europe
Please contact us if you would like to sponsor the event.