Welcome to the official Guix wiki!
NOTE: While the information here may be helpful, it may not be up-to-date. Check the manual for latest details. If you see something incorrect here, please consider correcting it. See Group:Guix#How to edit pages.
- Guix/Suggested Distro Names
- Guix/Video Documentation
About this wiki
This official wiki is used by the Guix project to gather user feedback, such as the wishlist, and help organise events such as the Guix Days.
Help improve our documentation
Your contributions to the Guix documentation are very welcome!
If you are comfortable using Git, you can submit your changes as patches.
Otherwise, send your concrete suggestions to email@example.com and we'll help get your changes upstream!
How to edit pages
1. Select "Login" at the top of this page
2. If you're an FSF member, use your FSF login. If you're not an FSF member, consider becoming one. Otherwise, click the link at the bottom of the login page to create a non-member account.
An unofficial Guix wiki exists in addition to this one. The Guix project cannot vouch its quality or accuracy.
Chat with us on IRC
Guix community chat happens on the Libera.Chat IRC network:
- Join #guix, the official channel for GNU Guix, in your IRC client or your browser.
- Join #guile, the official channel for the GNU Guile programming language, in your IRC client or your browser.
There is currently no official Guix Matrix room.
Unofficial Matrix rooms
We recommend joining the official IRC channel above for the most authoritative support or to talk to the most active Guix contributors.
However, an alternative ’native’ Matrix room exists that does not connect to the IRC channel. The Guix project cannot vouch for its quality or accuracy.
Show your support!
Add a Guix Badge to your profile
Show your love for Guix and Guix System on your user page.
It's as simple as adding either of:
This page was a featured resource in December 2017.