This page is for tracking anything related with the 2023 GNU Guix/Guile conference and hackathon on February 2nd and 3rd—right before FOSDEM2023 and the Declarative and Minimalistic Computing Languages devroom.
GNU Guix Days
Annual GNU Guix (un)conference. This event is a FOSDEM 2023 fringe event.
GNU Guix is growing rapidly and has gone from a software packaging system to a full tool stack aimed at reproducible software deployment and development. GNU Guix is a toolkit that allows developers to integrate reproducible software deployment into their applications—as opposed to leaving it up to the user. GNU Guix is based on the GNU Guile programming language which makes it a very versatile and hackable (in the good sense) environment.
Thursday, February 2nd and Friday, February 3rd 2023, the two days before FOSDEM
Coffee at 9:30AM, and starting at 10AM.
We will have some talks in the morning and hacking and discussions the rest of the day. Two days of GNU Guix bliss.
The event targets an audience of Guix developers and users.
In pure “unconference” style, the program will be made by participants as we go, with hands-on sessions organized in sub-groups. Possible session topics that have already been proposed include:
- GNU Guix road map
- GNU Guix online documentation
- Reproducibility project
- Alternative target architectures (ARM, RISCV, POWER etc.)
- The Guix System installer
- Developing workflows (GNU Guix and GNU Workflow Language)
- Demonstration and explanation of The Perfect Setup (Emacs, Geiser, Magit)
- Python team maintenance and developer session
- Security issues (CVE-2021-27851, similar bugs, the big picture, etc) [Led by Leo F]
- P2P substitutes
Code of conduct
Be aware that attendees implicitly abide by the code of conduct as stated by FOSDEM. As this is a FOSDEM fringe event the organizers can be contacted in case of a problem.
How to register?
Add your name here and/or send a message to Manolis <firstname.lastname@example.org> or Pjotr <email@example.com>. Please email us if you would need on-site childcare to be able to attend. We also have a Matrix room in case you'd like to come chat with us before the event.
- Pjotr Prins
- Manolis Ragkousis
- Simon Tournier
- Julien Lepiller
- Todor Kondić
- Andreas Enge
- Bonface Munoki
- Efraim Flashner
- Jonathan McHugh
- Arun Isaac
- Tanguy Le Carrour
- Alexey Abramov
- Ludovic Courtès
- Leo Famulari (At the conference on Friday only, but maybe I can join for dinner on Thursday as well as Friday)
- Christopher Baines
- Mekeor Melire
- Lars-Dominik Braun
- Josselin Poiret
- Tobias Geerinckx-Rice (Thursday only)
- Jonathan Brielmaier
- Björn Höfling
- Mathieu Othacehe (Friday only)
- Nicolò Balzarotti
- Fabio Natali
- Gábor Boskovits
- Jelle Licht
- Michael Bauer
- Timo Wilken (
Thursday evening and Friday onlywhole days Thursday and Friday)
- Janneke Nieuwenhuizen
- Samuel Fadel (Friday, incl. dinner)
- Nicolas Roelandt (Friday only)
(add your name above this line)
Attendance is free. We will ask a voluntary contribution for consumptions.
These both restaurant proposals could change.
- Foundation of Guix Europe
Please contact us if you would like to sponsor the event.