Group: LibrePlanet Florida
Note: The LibrePlanet Florida Team is currently inactive. If you would like information about efforts in South Florida (Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties) you will find it on the LibrePlanet South Florida team page. If you would like to organize efforts in Florida as a whole or in another major area (Gulf Coast, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville etc.) follow the instructions in the new team documentation. You may make use of the libreplanet-dev mailing list if you run into any technical issues. Also feel free to contact the South Florida organizer for further guidance.
What follows is the group page as last edited, kept for posterity.
We operate in accordance with the LibrePlanet Mission Statement and Code of Conduct.
The LibrePlanet Florida Team is a group of volunteers and activists organized around furthering the ideals of free software and related issues concerning digital rights as necessary means for a free society.
This group is working towards a free society through free software, but we 'are not' just a GNU+Linux User Group. We may promote any software that respects the freedom of its users. We recognize that some people choose to make compromises, temporary or otherwise, with proprietary software, and some who may not always say GNU+Linux, or "free software" instead of "open source", and we welcome those people to join us and discuss their thoughts, but as a LibrePlanet team, we frame terms accordingly. We are open to people of all levels of interest in free software and welcome new participants.
The vision for this group is one in which we can meet about free software, occasionally face to face. Florida is a state that has many information technology professionals, rich population, and many areas for events. Hopefully this group can help us all learn from each other and advance the fields of software engineering, system administration, and other types of engineering, all with free software.
- Inform the public about free software and hold events to invite the public
- Promote free software tools through projects, campaigns, and events to the public and members
- Provide materials and increase the availability of free software to the public
- Offer local help getting and using free software with the help of members within the team
- Bridge connections between free software activists, users, and teams (such as the Ubuntu Florida LoCo Team)
- Create smaller sub versions of the team throughout the state for the local public
To become a member of the LibrePlanet Florida Chapter, please
- Email team leader
- Spread the word of the team
- Participate in events or activities around the state
- To be determined
- Attend LibrePlanet Florida Team activities and events
- Attend Ubuntu Florida LoCo Team activities and events
- Suggest some!
Note: Dead contact links removed to avoid confusion
|Note||FL group for Free Software Users and Activists|
|Area||United States of America|