Group: LibrePlanet JRE Group of Institutions
"Today many people are switching to free software for purely practical reasons. That is good, as far as it goes, but that isn't all we need to do! Attracting users to free software is not the whole job, just the first step."- Richard Matthew Stallman, President of the Free Software Foundation (FSF)
Welcome to LibrePlanet JRE Group of Institutions!
About the group
LibrePlanet JRE Group of Institutions (LPJGI) is the group of our college JRE Group of Institutions. JREans who are users and supporters of free software took the first step by forming a community that would encourage people to switch from proprietary software to free software. Even though most of us are not coders or software engineers, yet, as computer users, it is important for us to understand why software freedom is so essential. So, we aim to spread our message through the following activities:
LPJGI was formed on October 30, 2014. We also have our blog, A Free World, on WordPress.
LibrePlanet JRE Group of Institutions understands the Mission Statement and agrees with the Code of Conduct.
- Arundhati Yadava
- Ayushi Srivastava
- Kajal Singh
- Kumari Anamika
- Neha Antil
- Nikit Swaraj
- Parakh Jain
- Sarthak Gupta
- Shreya Patoa
- Tanha Sinha
- Instructor: Nikit Swaraj
- Topics covered: history, installation and commands of GNU/Linux (Linux Mint); introduction to free software
1. Linux patch development
- Team members: Nikit Swaraj
- Details: This project has been accepted by The Linux Foundation
Membership at LibrePlanet
- Create a non-member account
- Log in (an IP address will be displayed on the top right of the window if you are not logged in)
- Go to your user page by clicking on your username (top right)
- Go to 'Edit' to create your profile (take help from 'Editing help' if needed)
- Add your name to the list of members on this page (do not forget to insert the link to your user page)
- Congratulations! You are now a part of LPJGI as well as a non-associate member of the FSF.
jre [dot] libreplanet [at] gmail [dot] com