Group: LibrePlanet Ontario/Meeting Notes/2017-09
- 1 Sunday, 24 September 2017, 9:00pm-10:00pm EDT
Location: Online Mumble chat: mumble://libreplanetbr.org/LibrePlanet%20Ontario
- Planning Free Software Advocacy: Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario/Street Team Outreach
Free/Libre Canadian Tax Preparation Software Project
- Runing UFile under WINE
- LibrePlanet.ca website / wiki page
- Can we get a valid SSL cert?
- Separate URLs for Ontario and Group:LibrePlanet_Québec
- Should events that are not primarily Free Software or Free Culture be on our Upcoming Events list?
- ...events not in Ontario?
- How was The 18th annual DebConf / DebCamp, and Open Day?
KW Linuxfest: Call for Exhibitors - LibrePlanet Ontario should participate!
- Is there support from the FSF to host an exhibitor table? Swag?
- Call For Presentations is open until 1 November 2017.
If there's something else you want to discuss, add it to the this agenda!
- WordCamp Toronto: 30 September - 1 October 2017, Toronto, Ontario
- SLE, the Software Language Engineering conference from ACM: 23-24 October 2017, Vancouver, B.C.
- FSOSS: 26-27 October 2017 at Seneca College, Toronto, Ontario
- ConFoo: 4-6 December 2017 in Vancouver, B.C.
- KW Linuxfest: 27 January 2017 at Conestoga College, Kitchener, Ontario (Call For Presentations closes 1 November 2017)
- ConFoo: 7-9 March 2018, Montreal, Quebec
- LibrePlanet 2018: 24-25 March 2018, Cambridge, Massachusetts (Call For Sessions closes 2 November 2017)
- Creative Commons Global Summit 2018: 13-15 April 2018 in Toronto, Ontario
- Participants: Bob Jonkman, Greg Knittl
- Audio Recording: https://podcasts.libreplanet.ca/libreplanetontario-2017-09-24.ogg (Size: 49.9 MBytes - Duration: 53m12s)
Setting up Mumble's "Push-to-Talk"
- Don't use CTRL+T
- Waterloo Region's Voice over IP Users Group
- Running UFile under Wine
- CRA keeping information hidden under Non-Disclosure Agreements
- What are the competitive advantages between existing and FLOSS tax programs?
- Optimal tax returns: Least tax paid or greatest tax refund
- Are full, complete, optimal tax returns too complex for software to determine?
- Legal issues raised by CRA's reluctance to provide info
- Takes place Saturday, 27 January 2018
- Free/Libre Canadian Tax Preparation Software Project would make a good KW Linuxfest talk!
- Call For Papers closes 1 November 2017
- Summer's over, is it too late for Street Team Outreach?
- Perhaps we can find another project that can be done on/offline in a distributed manner
Wiki and Website
- Items needing a SysAdmin will be taken to the mailing list
- Existing upcoming events will stay on the Upcoming Events list, but Bob will no longer add Upcoming Events that are outside of Ontario or not primarily about Free Software
- Saturday, 24 February 2018 we'll try for an In-Real-Life meeting in Toronto
- Need to find a venue that matches our dietary preferences
[8:53 PM] Welcome to Mumble. [8:53 PM] Connecting to server libreplanetbr.org. [8:53 PM] Connected. [8:53 PM] Welcome message: Welcome to this server running Murmur. Enjoy your stay! [8:54 PM] Recording started [9:02 PM] (Channel) greg: Hi Bob can u hear me? [9:02 PM] (Channel) greg: I can hear u [9:04 PM] (Channel) greg: checking my settings [9:04 PM] (Channel) greg: I have to hit a key to talk [9:04 PM] (Channel) greg: which I now forget [9:11 PM] (Channel) BobJonkman: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario/Meeting_Notes/2017-09