LibrePlanet PRISM action center
Software to use
Why decentralized, free software helps address threats like this
- Harder to hide backdoors in locally run free software
- Centralized data storage and hosted software make it much easier for parties to monitor large quantities of data at once
- Donate to support free software projects working in this area
- Donate to support organizations working in this area
- Switch to using these applications yourself
Some sites, like fsf.org, would like to carry a small banner across the top that succinctly explains the importance of free software in this area and encourages people to donate and take action. But we have to be careful not to oversell free software as the 100% solution to the problem. How can we be accurate and yet concise?
Banner text ideas
- We empower people to create free software, programs that work for you and help protect your data from government spying. Please make a donation to the FSF so we can continue to work for your digital freedom, privacy and security.
- We empower people to collaborate on software that respects your freedom and helps protect your data from spying. Please make a donation to the FSF so we can continue to work for your freedom, privacy, and security.
- Slight rewording: We empower people to create software that respects your freedom and helps protect your data from government spying. Please make a donation to the FSF so we can continue to work for your digital freedom, privacy and security.
- With the exposure of a massive government surveillance program relying on proprietary software, our work promoting freedom is more crucial than ever. DONATE ASK.
- The Free Software Foundation runs political campaigns and software projects to protect your liberty and privacy. Make a donation to the FSF so that we can keep working to...
- We empower developers to create software that respects your freedom and privacy. Donate to the FSF to help us create a world where people's data and computing are under their own control.
- The Free Software Foundation supports the development of software that can protect you from government spying. Please consider making a donation to the FSF so we can continue to fight for your digital freedom, privacy and security.
This page was a featured resource in July 2013.