Group: Women's Caucus/Resources/Projects to join
Here are free software projects and related resources that encourage women to get involved, provide advice on how to get started, connect women with mentors, and have various opportunities for women.
Free Software Projects
- Debian Women
- Dreamwidth This project has a large number of women contributors.
- Fedora Women
- FSF Women's Caucus Free Software Foundation initiative to increase women's participation in the free software movement. It has this internship opportunity.
- FSF Girl Scouts Outreach You can help bring this program to the Girl Scouts in your area!
- GNOME Outreach Program for Women This program has internship opportunities for women.
- KDE Women
- Organization for Transformative Works This organization has a large number of women contributors.
- Ubuntu Women
- OSGeo Women
Related Communities and Resources
- Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology This organization created the Systers project and hosts The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conferences.
- Geek Feminism site and wiki
- Google Summer of Code This is a large program that provides stipends for students of any gender to work on free software projects. Read this post on the Geek Femenism blog that encourages women to apply.
- Columbia University Coding Coding Resources for Women at Every Stage of Their Career.
- The National Center for Women and Information Technology
- stemming.org Community of women and girls interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
- Berkeley STEM Free STEM Resources for Girls and Women Who Want to Work in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI.
- A guide for women interested in a programming career 20 online resources for kickstarting your coding journey
- Navigating the Challenges of Women in STEM