Periodic Distro Status Review
July 2017 Distro Review
the following Libre Distros have some issues that need resolving:
broken website link http://www.dynebolic.org/
website is still available at https://www.dyne.org/software/dynebolic/
- 2017-07-06 - sent email to email@example.com asking about this
- 2017-07-18 - jaormil updated the DNS to redirect properly
the latest version of ututo is based on ubuntu rather than gentoo as with previous versions
- 2017-07-06 - sent email via website asking what they would prefer the listing to read
- 2017-07-07 - Diego Saravia answered they are not convinced to stay based on ubuntu for the next version so it would be best if it read like this:
Ututo-S is a GNU/Linux 100% free distribution. It was the first fully free GNU/Linux system recognized by the GNU Project.
the download links for both 32-bit and 64-bit ISOs are not resonding
NOTE: these are (were?) actually hosted on the FSF FTP server ftp://blag.fsf.org/140000/en/iso/
- 2017-07-07 - posted to their mailing list asking about this https://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/blag-whereto/2017-July/002749.html
the users in the proteanos-dev IRC channel say that the developer has not been heard from in quite some time and they have reached the consensus that the project is essentially abandoned
- 2017-08-03 - posted to the mailing list http://lists.proteanos.com/proteanos-dev/2017/08/
the following Libre Distros have some pages on their websites where LibreJS complains:
these seem to be limited to the wiiki site
reported on mailing list https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-July/005703.html
There's an issue that was found thanks to the mailing list thread mentioned above. The issue referenced is also mentioned in the mailing list topic.
From the webpage source, it seems that they are using a mix of MoinMoin version 1.9.3 and 1.9.4 (assumed so because of
http://www.gnewsense.org/moin_static193//common/js/common.js file couldn't be found in gNewSense website. Only the 1.9.4 counterpart could.
One must note however that the only page tested so far was the download page of the gNewSense website.