Group: Windows 7 Sins
Group:Windows 7 Sins en en
The campaign outlines seven major areas where proprietary software in general and Microsoft Windows in particular hurt all computer users: invading privacy, poisoning education, locking users in, abusing standards, leveraging monopolistic behavior, enforcing Digital Restrictions Management (DRM), and threatening user security.
- FSF announcement
- Donations to the campaign
- Call for nonprofits and NGOs to ditch Windows 7
- Washington Post article on how education is affected by the current methods File:Wp-2009-12-21.pdf
- Media:LockedIn.svg -- a flyer by Xan Manning
- Windows Software
URLs to completely translated versions
- http://ar.windows7sins.org/ (Arabic)
- http://fr.windows7sins.org/ (French)
- http://de.windows7sins.org/ (German)
- http://it.windows7sins.org/ (Italian)
- http://ko.windows7sins.org/ (Korean)
- http://ru.windows7sins.org/ (Russian)
- http://es.windows7sins.org/ (Spanish)
- http://te.windows7sins.org/ (Telugu)
- http://el.windows7sins.org/ (Hellenic)
- (please add other site links when they're completed)
Workspaces for further translations
- Romanian (Română)
If you'd like to do a translation, please see getting started with translations, or better yet, add to it.
"issue" is not in the list (interest, location, project, school) of allowed values for the "Organized around" property.