Right-to-Repair en en
This page is a shared resource, and we encourage others to add to it, so some of the entries here may be added by members of the community. We check this resource periodically, and know that others check it, too, but it's a wiki, so errors may be added before they're fixed. We encourage you to review licenses and information about the software you're interested in before using it, and to update this page with your findings.
What is Right to Repair
Organizations fighting for the Right to Repair globally
- EFF's Right to Repair campaign page
- Free Geek is a group out of Portland. They repair old hardware, install open operating systems, and make it available to disadvantaged communities.
- OpenMedia is a Canadian advocacy group for digital rights. Fight For Your Right to Repair campaign page
- IFixit has collaboratively written repair guides, and is a good resource for both users and activists.
- Repair.eu; the EU focused advocacy group for Right to Repair.
- Repair.org; the leading US advocacy group for Right to Repair.
- The Restart Project; a founding member of the Right to Repair campaign in Europe.
- SecureRepairs; led by Paul Roberts. On this page, you'll find updated resources and a blog on why the Right to Repair is at the core of advancement of the technology industry
- the U.S. PIRG Right to Repair campaign, led by Nathan Proctor, drives legislation at the state level
- For a society free of planned obsolescence
Why the freedom to tinker matters by Techdirt and Kyle Wiens
Videos to watch
Fight to Repair by the FSF
Right to Repair animation videos:
LibrePlanet talks related to Right to Repair
* The Right to Repair and the DMCA by Nathan Proctor * Stewarding Technological Freedom in Agriculture by Michael Stenta, Jamie Gaehring, and Don Blair.
CNBC feature on Right to Repair.
- Louis Rossman has a YouTube channel about Right to Repair.
- Paul Roberts from SecureRepairs has a blog about the subject
- New York Times article about Right to Repair in 2020
- Kyle Wiens and Gay Gordon-Byrne speak about the Right to Repair in Spectrum
- Tabitha Whiting, How we created a throwaway society
- Why France’s New Tech ‘Repairability Index’ Is a Big Deal
- Farmers ask for 'right to repair'
- Ending over mending: planned obsolescence is killing the planet
- Right to Repair is overdue - and consumers are already leading the charge
The latest developments per country
Create a page about Right to Repair in your country, or read about what you can do to help in your region!
This page was a featured resource in February 2021.