So that the name 'LibrePlanet' is strongly associated with a clear goal, and so individual groups can cooperate and collaborate effectively, all LibrePlanet participants agree with this set of founding principles:
Add this box to your profile page to indicate you support these documents and agree to work in accordance with LibrePlanet's Mission Statement and Code of Conduct.
Simply add the following line to your user page:
Please post and discuss ideas for the LibrePlanet Project.
To post an idea, just edit the section it should go under and add a new list item beginning with an asterisk * and to post a comment use one more asterisk than the item you are responding to. If you are commenting on an idea, use two asterisks at the beginning of the line, and if you are responding to an existing comment with three asterisks, use four. Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes:
Free Software Foundation
Please post and discuss ideas for the Free Software Foundation here.
- Create a map of the LibrePlanet Teams (like Ubuntu)! Kxra 15:21, 15 April 2012 (EDT)
- Put Libreplanet.org under full https --Aurélien Freedom is not just a word, it's a duty! 05:44, 13 February 2012 (EST)
- List of staff and each type of works, campaigners, coders, website editors, wiki editors, admins ... ...
- A hardware groups section, just like the software groups section; for open source hardware and FOSS compatible hardware. --J05HYYY 00:04, 21 November 2012 (EST)
- Activate syntax highlighting for inline code in the next Mediawiki upgrade. Hellekin 00:35, 9 August 2013 (EDT)
- Activate commons media to use images from commons.wikimedia.org, and allow remote images as well for e.g., static.fsf.org Hellekin 01:46, 31 August 2013 (EDT)
- Activate interwiki prefixes lp: for LibrePlanet, fsd: for Free Software Directory, and hs: for HackerSpaces.org Hellekin 01:46, 31 August 2013 (EDT)
- Activate interwiki prefix diyisp: for Do It Yourself ISP --Hellekin 08:59, 17 February 2014 (EST)
What issues in the free software community are most concerning to you, and what do you think could be done to address them?
Ideas to make existing campaigns better.
Ideas for new campaigns.
- A bookbuying campaign between FSF, CC, SFC (and others?) for people to buy a bundle containing "Free Software, Free Society", "Free as in Freedom", and "Free Culture" for their local schools, libraries, and activist centers. This would promote important information and bring free culture people into the free software movement. Kxra 15:21, 15 April 2012 (EDT)
- Get programmers everywhere to unionize under IU 560 Kxra 10:40, 16 April 2012 (EDT)
- More freedom-spreading campaigns such as the Liberated Pixel Cup , where a large, common project is found that many people can focus on and have fun working on -Niels Serup 18:56, 17 April 2012 (EDT)
- Brochures, flyers, Logos, banners, rss slogan (Many updates / day) for inserting in web sites, Pfares 15:29, 16 September 2012 (EDT)
- I would like to see more done to help community members contribute to the free software movement. I am new to the free-software community and I would like to contribute to projects (coding and publicity) but I am struggling to find information and support to help me do so. Are there no forums for FSC members to discuss projects and help each other when working on software and other projects? lorevi 00:07, 8 August 2013 (GMT)
- Trying to get an organization to adopt Trisquel --Kete 17:31, 8 September 2013 (EDT)
Ideas to make existing projects better.
Ideas for new projects.
- reverse enginnering of binary blobs in wifi and video card --Graziano Sorbaioli - 9 July 2010
- See http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/ Kxra 00:17, 9 April 2012 (EDT)
- paying people to solve particular problems --Graziano Sorbaioli - 9 July 2010
- GNU Search: libre search engine that respect privacy --Graziano Sorbaioli - 9 July 2010
- See http://www.yacy.net/en/ http://infosafe.fr and http://seeks.fr/ Kxra 00:17, 9 April 2012 (EDT)
- Also deusu.org, metager.de, and unbubble.eu --Cypherpunks (talk) 12:06, 10 November 2016 (EST)
- A free software alternative to Google's Android Marketplace and/or Apple's App Store --Gaz Davidson - 14 September 2010
- We already have this one. Please take a look at Replicant FAQ -- Graziano Sorbaioli - 19 September 2010
- ^ actually Replicant is a whole OS. F-Droid.org is the de facto ethical repository for Android apps. --Cypherpunks (talk) 12:06, 10 November 2016 (EST)
- Code leaks: a website where programmers can anonymously leak code from proprietary software companies. While not usable in free software, it may reveal hidden malicious code, security vulnerabilities, and enable reverse-engineering of formats and protocols. Kxra 10:38, 16 April 2012 (EDT)
- Provide support like Red Hat and Novell. --Kete 21:10, 9 September 2013 (EDT)
- Instead of providing a cloud storage solution for mobile users, lets provide a server storage solution where we will help users set up a server that will accept their mobile data. --Kete 19:58, 14 January 2015 (EST)
This page was a featured resource in February 2014.
LibrePlanet:Ideas en en