Coordination for software projects to fill the gaps in 100% free software GNU/Linux distributions. This mostly involves fixing freedom problems in existing free and almost-free software.
- 1 GNU/Linux Libre - Freed Software
- 2 Mailing List
- 3 Related pages
- 4 IRC
- 5 Projects
- 6 Hackers involved
- 7 See also
GNU/Linux Libre - Freed Software
Coordinating freeing efforts, usually involving GNU/Linux, across multiple projects.
Tag any related pages with [[Category:FreedSoftware]] - in addition, you probably should also link to them from text in this page.
Eventually we may set up #freedsoftware or #gnu-linux-libre or something like that; if you'd like to do that, please discuss via the mailing list first.
- GuixSD, Guix System Distribution is an advanced GNU/Linux distro built on top of GNU Guix (pronounced “geeks”), a purely functional package manager for the GNU system.
- Parabola GNU/Linux-libre, a distribution based on Arch that prioritizes simple package and system management. Based on a Keep It Simple Stupid principle (Minimalism/aerospace/avionic)
- PureOS, a rolling GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian testing, oriented to small enterprises, domestic users and educational centers. GNOME shell featured
- Dragora, an independent GNU/Linux distribution based on concepts of simplicity.
- Hyperbola, a fully free long-term support distribution based on Arch snapshots and Debian development, with special emphasis on stability, privacy, security and init freedom.
- Trisquel, an LTS GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian stable, oriented to small enterprises, domestic users and educational centers. MATE, Unity, LXDE desktops featured.
See the Incoming distros for more details.
- BLAG Linux and GNU, a free GNU/Linux distribution based on Fedora.
- Dynebolic, a GNU/Linux distribution, with special emphasis on audio and video editing.
- gNewSense, a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian and Ubuntu, with sponsorship from the FSF.
- Musix GNU+Linux, a GNU+Linux distribution based on Knoppix, with special emphasis on audio production.
- Ututo, GNU/Linux ready to use and optimized for each processor performance. It was the first fully free GNU/Linux system recognized by the GNU Project.
- The Linux-libre kernel
- GNUzilla and IceCat - Gnuzilla is the GNU version of the Mozilla suite, and GNU IceCat is the GNU version of the Firefox browser. Its main advantage is an ethical one: it is entirely free software.
Live USB creator
- FUSBi, the Free USB Installer, downloads free GNU/Linux Distributions for you and creates bootable USB images.
OpenOffice and LibreOffice extensions
- A replacement extension library for OpenOffice.org, which will list only those extensions which are free software.
I will add the current list members as soon as I have some time, but please, add yourself!
|Ali Gündüz||Linux-libre, Freedom Shoppe, FUSBi||aligunduz AT gnu.com||gnufs||#linux-libre #gnewsense #fsf|
|André Silva||Hyperbola Co-Founder||emulatorman AT hyperbola.info||Emulatorman||#hyperbola|
Group: Libre-Kernel ex-packager & receipe editor,
Free Software Corsica Hackers laboratory for robotics, Parabola GNU/Linux packager
|aurelien AT hackers.camp||aurelien||#linux-libre #parabola #gnewsense|
|Christian Bryant||GNU OS + GNU Linux-libre buildmaster||christian AT gnulinuxlibre.org||christianabryant||#gnulinuxlibre #linux-libre #gnewsense #fsf #libreplanet|
|Graziano Sorbaioli||gNewSense Community Manager and contributor, LibrePlanet Italia founder||graziano AT sorbaioli.org||graziano||#gnewsense #gnewsense-dev #libreplanet #lp-it|
|Joshua Haase||Parabola GNU/Linux Developer||hahj87 AT gmail.com||xihh||#trisquel #parabola|
|Nicolás Reynolds||Parabola GNU/Linux Developer||fauno AT kiwwwi.com.ar||fauno||#parabola|
Trisquel GNU/Linux main developer
|ruben AT gnu.org||quidam||#trisquel|
Please keep the table in order by first name alphabetical. Bold any references to this project. Unless otherwise noted "nick" and "channels" refer to freenode irc. Feel free to make the table less ugly :-)
Another source of information on who is involved is the gnu-linux-libre Subscribers list.
- Libre GNU/Linux Distros - Official GNU Project page
- Links to Other Free Software Sites - Official GNU Project page
"issue" is not in the list (interest, location, project, school) of allowed values for the "Organized around" property.
This page was a featured resource in May 2018.