Group: Defective By Design/Day Against DRM 2013
The Day Against DRM is an opportunity to unite a wide range of projects, public interest organizations, web sites and individuals in an effort to raise public awareness to the danger of technology that requires users to give-up control of their computers or that restricts access to digital data and media. This year, we'll be helping individuals and groups work together to create local actions in their communities — actions will range from protesting an unfriendly hardware vendor to handing out informative fliers at local public libraries!
If you're hosting an event, list it here, along with any necessary contact information.
The DbD campaign can send a message advertising your event to supporters in the area. Just send them the exact text that needs to go out -- make sure to include the what, where, and when, along with your contact info for potential attendees.
- Boston, MA: Petition Delivery The Free Software Foundation will deliver your petition signatures opposing DRM in HTML5 to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). To RSVP to join the petition delivery, email email@example.com.
- Seattle, WA: Flyer Handout Noon at Microsoft Store, 2624 Northeast University Village Street, Seattle, WA 98105. Contact Jason Self to get involved.
- TSC, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh: Human ties against DRM The FOSS Bangladesh are suspending their website (www.fossbd.org) with an image banner, focusing the Day Against DRM-2013 and its cruel effects on IT world, activated from today, 30 April, 2013.
- Lisbon, Portugal: Folks from ANSOL.org's DRM-PT organized some political lobbying activities to celebrate the date in Portugal, like they do every year. They've also had a dinner party.
- Moreover on the day at here in Bangladesh FOSS Bangladesh had a call out to our followers and volunteers through G+, FB, Public forum and blog posts and to come up at Teachers-Students Center (TSC) at University of Dhaka in between 11AM to 12:30PM and join us on a roadside stands as a Human ties with banners, plackerds and festoons in front of the TSC area at "Raju Circle". As it to exposes the Day Aganists DRM and why we are against DRM and DRM on HTML5. Mozilla Bangladesh Team was also been notified about this event and been asked to join in. Hope they also will join the human tie up. Local Press, Print and TV Media was also been notified through the press release announcing the event by FSF and its importance and why we the FOSS Bangladesh are with the world community who denies DRM DRM in HTML5 to have a great show off to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). For event details join our G+ event page [DADRM-2013] and contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bagdá Café, Barão Geraldo, Campinas, SP, Brasil: LibreBar LibrePlanet São Paulo is organizing a gathering to discuss many subjects related to Free Software, including the Day Against DRM. It will happen this Friday, May 3rd, 2013, at Bagdá Café (Av. Santa Isabel, 233 - Barão Geraldo, Campinas, São Paulo, Brasil). Contact LibrePlanet São Paulo for more details.
News articles and blog posts
Do you have a 2013 Day Against DRM blog post? Then, please add it to the list below — see some from last year.
This page was a featured resource in May 2013.