Harvard Science Center, Cambridge, MA, USA - Saturday, March 21st and Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 Audio and slides are now available, and we invite your feedback.
Presentations, lightning talks and other events taking place during the LibrePlanet 2009 conference
Saturday, March 21st
- 9:30-5:30 -- Keynotes include talks in three tracks:
- Track 1: High Priority Free Software Projects;
- Track 2: Freedom for Network Services;
- Track 3: LibrePlanet Activism Network; Software Patents.
- 6:00-9:00 -- Social Event: LibrePlanet Party! - see Social Events.
Talks in Lecture Hall A (including recordings/slides)
- 10:00 - 10:10 Welcome -- Peter Brown, FSF executive director
- 10:10 - 10:20 Un-conference Orientation -- Rob Myers and Matt Lee
- 10:20 - 11:20 Jeremy Allison, The Elephant in the Room: Microsoft and Free Software (Slides/Notes)
- 11:20 - 12:00 Mako Hill, Cloud Computing/Software as a Service - defining Freedom for Network Services (Slides/Notes)
- 12:00 - 12:30 Alexandre Oliva, Freeing the kernel and the Linux Libre project (Slides/Notes)
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30 Panel Update: Toward a LibrePlanet -- Free Software Activism worldwide (Brian Gough, Ryan Bagueros, Bradley Kuhn) (Slides/Notes)
- 14:30 - 15:15 Evan Prodromou, Identi.ca and engineering for free network services (Slides/Notes)
- 15:15 - 15:30 Break
- 15:30 - 16:15 Rob Savoye, Gnash and Cygnal project. (Slides/Notes)
- 16:15 - 16:45 Ciaran O'Riordan, End Software Patents (Slides/Notes)
- 16:45 - 17:30 Richard M. Stallman, Hardware for Free Software and the presentation ceremony of the Free Software Awards
Rooms 109 and 112
- Floss Manuals book sprint
This will be a working conference, so please bring a laptop. Participation is not limited to coders and activists; we'll also need folks who can do visual design, write and edit text, and are willing to test-drive stuff or percolate ideas. Basically, everyone!
- Redline Pub in Harvard Square
Saturday 18:00 - 21:00 -- FSF Social, at Redline pub in Harvard Square - See Social Events.
Sunday, March 22nd
- 9:30-10:00 -- Welcome and Breakfast
- 10:00-11:00 -- Routing for the day
- 11:00-5:00 -- Lunch and OpenConference, feel free to edit the wiki with stuff you are thinking of doing.
- 5:30 -- End of Unconference (with special musical guest, Kat Walsh)
- Social Events - starting March 19th